Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents
A Definition of Personal Information:
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual's opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual.
Exceptions: business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as that published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information.
Privacy Protection Commitment:
HEC are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of donors, Supporters, customers, board of directors, committee members, staff, members the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy .
What personal information is collected?
1. Sales transactions or donations: HEC may collect personal information such as email address, home fax number, and credit card information from individuals purchasing publications or HEC Supporter memberships, or making donations.
2. HEC governance: Personal contact information for board members, staff and committee members may be offered by such individuals and will be maintained in a database by designated HEC staff.
3. Members: HEC receives copies of all Artists' service contracts directly related to the collective agreements it co-administers with Associated Designers of Cambodia, This information is maintained in confidence by designated HEC staff in a secure paper-based filing system.
Why is it collected, and what is it used for?
1. Sales transactions or donations: This information may be collected by designated HEC staff to fulfill sales orders for publications, registrations for professional development programs, to provide a tax receipt, thank-you correspondence, invoice, receipt or other correspondence related to a purchase or donation, or to send renewal notices up to six months after the renewal date of a previous order. A secondary contact method is requested should the first method of contact become outdated before the order is completed.
2. HEC governance: Personal contact information for board members, staff and committee members may be offered by such individuals and will be maintained in a database by designated HEC staff. This information will only be used to conduct relevant HEC business.
3. Members: Information regarding other Services within Member is collected in order that HEC may fully support member organizations in the administration of the collective agreements.
How is it collected?
1. Sales transactions or donations: This information may be collected through assorted order forms available on the HEC website or by email. This information might also be taken over the phone as requested by the purchaser.
[We strongly caution you not to provide personal information, including credit card information, by email and Electronic correspondence unless you are sure it is secured.]
2. HEC governance: Board members, staff and committee members' contact information is collected by fax, mail, phone or email by HEC staff.
3. Members: Information collected from the Membership regarding other Services is collected by fax, mail, phone or email by designated HEC staff.
4. Website: If an individual makes a donation through the HEC website or registers for a program through the HEC website, the information will be collected through secure on-line forms and no credit card information will be available to either HEC or the third-party supplier as it is encrypted and goes directly to the credit card company.
Where is it kept and who has access?
All contact information for donors, Supporters, customers, board of directors, committee members, staff, and Members is tracked in a centralized database maintained by designated HEC staff. This includes, if provided, personal contact information. The database does not include any financial information or details such as credit card numbers.
Original order forms (which may include VISA numbers as provided by an individual), and photocopies of Cheque’s are kept in locked filing cabinets accessible by the Communications and education department.
Information regarding other Services is stored in the Contract Coordinator's office and in the office of the personal secretary to the School Director.
What security measures are used?
HEC filing cabinets containing financial information are locked.
HEC filing cabinets containing Member contracts are locked and accessible by designated School supervisor staff only.
The centralized database is accessible by designated HEC staff.
To whom is it disclosed?
HEC do not disclose personal information to any third parties except during a payment transaction when financial information is disclosed to relevant financial and credit institutions in order to process the payment.
HEC does not sell trade or rent personal information to other organizations or individuals. HEC does not use personal information outside of the purpose for which it was intended.
HEC may include an opt-out option on certain order forms to ensure that individuals can receive information about other HEC publications and activities should they so desire.
When is it disposed of?
Financial records from sales transactions are kept on file for a period of three years and then are destroyed by shredding.
The HEC centralized database is updated ongoing. Individuals may contact the Privacy section by E-mail at any time to update personal information, to ask questions about the use of their information, the disclosure of information, or to have it removed from the database.
HEC Privacy Contact information:
No1G,8M, Sangkat Stoeng Mancheay
Copyright © 2010 Harvest Education Center. All Rights Reserved
HARVEST EDUCATION CENTER
Your use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described below. By using the Harvest Education Center (HEC) website, you agree to accept such terms and conditions.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will the Harvest Education Center be liable for any claim for damages, whether direct, indirect, general, consequential, incidental, exemplary, or special, arising from the use of information, documents, files, or other data accessible on or through this web site, including but not limited to, claims arising out of or related to electronic access or the transmission of data or viruses. Further, the
The content of this website is subject to change without prior notice.
Links to Other Web Sites
Links to third party web sites on the
Commercial Use Prohibited
This web site and its contents are intended only for the individual, non-commercial use of web site users. No user of this website may resell, republish, print, download or copy any portion of this web site or the contents for commercial use without the prior written consent of the HEC, except that reasonable copying or printing of its contents for individual, non-commercial use is permitted.
Copyright © 2010 Harvest Education Center. All Rights Reserved.